background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

and today...

After reading a study where people on Weight Watchers lost on average twice as much weight as people who just worked with a doctor/nutritionist. So, here I am, craving some social support.

I started a 2-day, detox diet today, and a 5-week diet and exercise program. Day 1 went without a hitch!

2 Day Detox Diet 
Day I

Breakfast
16oz of green juice 
[1 cucumber, 5 stems celery, 1 cup spinach, 1tbsp ginger, 1/2 lemon]

Snack
4oz 0% greek yogurt with honey and blueberries, sprinkled with flax seed meal

Lunch
grilled chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with diced yellow tomato, beets, red onion, chopped grapefruit, and avocado [I plop half an avocado on top of my salad instead of dressing]
green tea arnold palmer, sweetened with honey

Snack
pineapple, apple, and mint juice [from the juicer]

Dinner
cream of spinach soup - I added some grilled chicken, and substituted the cream... for frozen cauliflower florets, which makes it very creamy 

Before Bed
warm 1% milk with honey, cinnamon and vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment